Best Places To Travel In March On A Budget In India
March is a great time to travel in India, as the weather is pleasant in most parts of the country, and it’s not yet peak tourist season. If you’re looking to travel on a budget, there are many destinations that offer great experiences without breaking the bank. In this blog, we’ll explore the best places to travel in March on a budget in India, along with some frequently asked questions.
- McLeod Ganj, Himachal Pradesh McLeod Ganj, the “Little Lhasa” of India, is a perfect budget-friendly destination for those who love mountains and Tibetan culture. March is an excellent time to visit McLeod Ganj as the weather is pleasant, and the place is not yet crowded. You can explore the beautiful surroundings, visit the Dalai Lama Temple, and enjoy delicious Tibetan cuisine at reasonable prices.
- Hampi, Karnataka Hampi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is an ideal destination for history lovers and budget travelers. The ancient ruins of Hampi are a visual treat and can be explored on foot or by bicycle. March is a good time to visit Hampi as the weather is mild, and you can enjoy the stunning scenery without the summer heat.
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand Rishikesh, the “Yoga Capital of the World,” is a budget-friendly destination that offers a perfect blend of adventure, spirituality, and natural beauty. In March, you can enjoy river rafting, bungee jumping, and other adventure activities in Rishikesh. You can also visit the many ashrams and temples in the area and experience the peace and serenity that Rishikesh is known for.
- Goa Goa, the beach paradise of India, is a popular destination for budget travelers. March is a good time to visit Goa as the peak tourist season has ended, and you can enjoy the beaches without the crowds. You can explore the beautiful beaches, sample delicious seafood, and experience the vibrant nightlife in Goa without spending a fortune.
- Jaipur, Rajasthan Jaipur, the “Pink City,” is a budget-friendly destination that offers a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of Rajasthan. In March, you can explore the historic forts, palaces, and temples of Jaipur without the intense summer heat. You can also shop for traditional handicrafts and textiles at reasonable prices in the bustling markets of Jaipur.
Q: Is March a good time to travel in India?
A: Yes, March is a good time to travel in India, as the weather is pleasant in most parts of the country, and it’s not yet peak tourist season.
Q: What is the budget required for a trip to these destinations?
A: The budget for a trip to these destinations can vary depending on your travel style and preferences. However, these destinations offer a range of budget-friendly accommodation, food, and activities, making them ideal for budget travelers.
Q: What are the best modes of transportation to travel on a budget in India?
A: Buses and trains are the most budget-friendly modes of transportation in India. You can also consider using shared taxis or hiring a scooter or bicycle for local transportation.
Q: Are these destinations safe for solo travelers?
A: These destinations are generally safe for solo travelers, but it’s always advisable to take necessary precautions and be aware of your surroundings.
Q: What should I pack for a trip to these destinations in March?
A: You should pack comfortable and lightweight clothing for the daytime, along with warm clothes for the evenings. It’s also advisable to carry sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.